● O’Bryan, Brown and Toner was recently ranked #1 in Kentucky in Medical Malpractice Law with 4 attorneys listed and #1 in Louisville for Personal Injury Litigation with 4 attorneys listed in Best Lawyers. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. For a quarter century, Best Lawyers has helped lawyers and clients find legal counsel in unfamiliar jurisdictions or unfamiliar specialties. Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
● Chris O’Bryan, Don Brown, Gerry Toner and James Grohmann were all recognized by Best Lawyers in the fields of Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Litigation.
● Don Brown and Gerry Toner were recognized as two of the Top 50 Kentucky Super Lawyers for 2007. Don Brown, Gerry Toner and Chris O’Bryan were recognized for the field of Personal Injury. David Strite was recognized for the field of Insurance Coverage.
● Gerry Toner was featured in the On The Record section of the August 2007 issue of For the Defense (The DRI magazine for defense, insurance and corporate counsel). To view the article click here.
● Joseph C. Klausing had an article published in the Winter 2007 issue of Rx for the Defense (the newsletter of the DRI Drug and Medical Device Committee). To view the article click here.
● On June 21, 2007, Louisville attorney Tracy S. Prewitt, of O’Bryan, Brown & Toner, PLLC, was inducted into the Litigation Counsel of America at the LCA’s Spring Conference and Induction of Fellows in New York. The Litigation Counsel of America is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellowship in the LCA is highly selective and by invitation only. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation. The LCA is aggressively diverse in its composition. Established as a trial and appellate lawyer honorary society reflecting the American bar in the twenty-first century, the LCA represents the best in law among its membership.
● Gerry Toner was featured in the Leader Spotlight of the April 11, 2007 issue of The Voice (DRI publication). To view the article click here.
● Every year members of the Brandeis Law Journal submit a note (a journal article for academic publication) for potential publication in the Journal. The Editorial Board then selects the three best notes Best Note, and two Honorable Mention Awards. This year, Brent Asseff, a law clerk at O’Bryan, Brown & Toner, was awarded the Best Note Award 2007. Of the 33 members of the Brandeis Law Journal, his note was chosen as the BEST one and it will be published in the Fall 2007 issue of the Brandeis Law Journal. This is the highest honor for a member of the Journal. Brent is expected to graduate from the Brandeis School of Law in Spring 2008 and take the Kentucky Bar Exam that Summer.