February 26, 1998

In this product liability case, an Estill County jury found in favor of a manufacturing company after a popcorn popper produced by the company started a fire in a video store. The owner of the store claimed the popper didn’t have adequate warnings or an internal switch to automatically turn off when it overheated. O’Bryan, Brown and Toner argued that the popper was reasonably safe, and the jury concurred, awarding the Plaintiff none of the $161,000 claimed.

Contact Us

Have a question or comment? Drop us a line and we'll get back to you ASAP!

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search