BEN WEIGEL represents clients in Kentucky and Indiana state and federal courts. His practice includes defense of physicians and hospitals in medical negligence claims, defense of first party and third-party insurance bad faith claims and the defense of general liability claims. Ben also has substantial practice representing health care providers in professional licensing matters pending before various administrative agencies. Ben is a native of Somerset, Kentucky. Ben and his wife, Jennifer, and their 2 children, Anna and Jack, also enjoy spending time with friends and family.
- Successfully defended physicians and hospitals in jury trials involving significant claimed injuries or wrongful death.
- Substantial representation of insurers in first party and third-party bad faith claims involving alleged violations of the Kentucky Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act.
- Extensive experience defending general liability, commercial liability, and motor vehicle liability claims throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
- Appellate success for individual and institutional clients before the Kentucky Court of Appeals, the Kentucky Supreme Court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Honors and Awards
AV Preeminent® Peer review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
The Best Lawyers in America© 2021-2022
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© for work in the following area:
- Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants
Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2022
J.D. University of Louisville, cum laude
B.A. Xavier University, cum laude
Supreme Court of Kentucky
Supreme Court of Indiana
Kentucky and Indiana Federal Courts
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Kentucky Bar Association
Louisville Bar Association