JOEY KLAUSING is licensed in both Kentucky and Indiana and he represents clients in a variety of litigation matters. Joey is AV rated by his peers which reflects the combination of the highest general ethical and legal ability ratings. His practice currently includes the defense of physicians and hospitals in malpractice claims, the defense of attorneys in legal malpractice actions and various general litigation matters. He has defended numerous physicians in product liability and medical malpractice litigation involving Cox-2 inhibitors, Avandia and steroid methyl- prednisolone acetate as part of multi-district litigation in San Francisco, New Orleans and Boston. Joey graduated from Centre College with a Bachelor of Arts degree and from University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law, with his Juris Doctorate. Joey is happily married to his college sweetheart, Jessica. He enjoys spending time at home with his children, Luke and Emma, watching sports, and helping coach football at St. Agnes grade school. Joey is the founder and director of Cure CF, a Louisville based charity, which has raised over $500,000.00 in the past two years for Cystic Fibrosis research.
- Most recently, successfully defended a general surgeon through trial by jury in Jefferson Circuit Court.
- Defended numerous physicians in product liability and medical malpractice litigation involving Cox-2 inhibitors, Avandia and steroid methyl-prednisolone acetate including coordinating discovery in cases pending in state and federal courts. The claims were part of multi-district litigation in San Francisco, New Orleans and Boston. He served as national counsel on behalf of prescribing physicians for a medical malpractice insurance company in the Cox-2 litigation.
- In the past year he has obtained numerous defense verdicts and dismissals for physicians practicing in Kentucky and Indiana.
- Mr. Klausing has successfully defended local employers from workers’ compensation suits obtaining complete dismissals by the Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement in a multiple casualty, tractor trailer accident.
J.D. University of Louisville
B.A. Centre College
Honors and Awards
AV Preeminent® Peer review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Kentucky Super Lawyers®, 2015-2022
Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star®, 2013 and 2014
American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, Personal Injury “10 Best Attorney” for Kentucky
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Supreme Court of Kentucky
United States District Court for Western District of Kentucky
United States District Court for Eastern District of Kentucky
Supreme Court of Indiana
United States District Court for Northern District of Indiana
United States District Court for Southern District of Indiana
United States District Court for Eastern District of Louisiana
United States District Court for Northern District of California
Kentucky Bar Association
Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc.
Indiana State Bar Association
Louisville Bar Association
Prescription Drug Litigation in the MDL: The Need for Trial Lawyers, DRI: Rx For the Defense, Winter 2007.
Founder and Director, Cure CF, Inc.
Alumni Association President, Trinity High School
School Board Member, Trinity High School
Board Member, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Volunteer Football Coach at St. Agnes