JAMES GROHMANN is one of our most active trial attorneys. He focuses his practice on the defense of malpractice claims against medical and legal professionals and appellate practice. He has been licensed to practice since 1990. James has tried over 40 cases and has been recognized by the Kentucky Trial Court Review as one of Kentucky’s most prolific trial attorneys.
James and his wife, Cynthia, also a lawyer, are the proud parents of three boys, Patrick, Jack, and Charlie.
- Managing Partner, O’Bryan, Brown & Toner, Louisville, Kentucky, January 2019-present.
Primary practice in medical and legal malpractice defense and appellate litigation.
- Attorney/Partner, O’Bryan, Brown & Toner, Louisville, Kentucky, October 1993-present.
- Attorney at law, Boehl, Stopher, & Graves, Louisville, Kentucky, October 1990-October 1993.
Honors and Awards
AV Preeminent® Peer review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
American College of Trial Lawyers-Fellow
The Best Lawyers in America© 2007-2022
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© for work in the following areas:
- Personal Injury Litigation- Defendants
- Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants
- Named Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America©:
- Litigation-Insurance (Louisville 2020)
Kentucky Super Lawyers®, 2007-2022
- Recognized in Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- Top 50 Attorneys in Kentucky 2009
Louisville Magazine’s Best Lawyer and Top Lawyer, 2007, 2010, 2012-2016
- Medical Malpractice-Defense
- Personal Injury
- Professional Malpractice-Defense
J.D. University of Kentucky College of Law
B.A. DePauw University
Supreme Court of Kentucky
United States District Court for Western District of Kentucky
United States District Court for Eastern District of Kentucky
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
American Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Louisville Bar Association- Fellow
Citizens for Better Judges, Member, Attorney Steering Committee
Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys, Past President